Monday, July 20, 2009

Play Now, My Lord

I was going to litter this page with long-winded sentences and sarcasm, but I feel these ridiculous web-ads speak for themselves.







In the end, I assess that this site will be filled with fat,adolescent guys and pathetic older creepers parading around in an avatar with either humongous boobs or an overly stuffed cod-piece. For women to want to play something like this (and yes, there are geeky woman gamers) the ads would have to feature a suit of armor, much like King Henry's (actual armor - complete with overly swollen bulge) and the words "I live to serve" or "Command me now, Mistress". But, guessing as most girls won't settle for CG swords, they'll stick to their Romantic Proposal Game. A girl would never stoop as low as to engage in virtual war or sex, only virtual love.

1 comment:

Static Electrician said...

If you really want a look at how the target market is thought of by the makers of the game, you only have to look at the evolution of the ads for it. They start out 300-esque, hairy dudes holding swords; the end up all cleavage and 'come hither lord'.